Thursday, November 27, 2008

Of the Rodents..Of the Ravaged..Of the Resilient

This is not the place for it. I have 2 other posts lined up that need to be in print. I can't think straight right now . But I had to post.

Its nearly been 24 hrs but the fires are still raging, gunshots are still being fired, people are still missing, dead bodies are still being dragged out, the NSG, army and police are still battling and still the end's not in sight. I seriously do not know if I should be thankful for my loved ones and my safety, if I should be saddened by the grief of the victims and their families, if i should feel sorry or angry at the perpetrators, if I should laugh at or condemn politics and intelligence.
I just do not know what to do. I feel helpless, like million others.

The media has been at it since last night. Yes, we need to stay updated with the latest happenings. But do the perpetrators need to know from where the commandos are going to come in or what's the next strategy or where the top official is at the moment?

Operations are on since yesterday. But I am amazed and scandalised by the fact that a motorboat whizzed past coast guards, terrorists unloaded loads of ammunition ( and even asked some spectators to shut up), walked under CCTV camera, entered secure hotels with suitcases full of ammunition, hijacked a police vehicle...... 12 or so terrorists and a battalion of people fighting them. Still no end?

Its very easy for me to sit here and write. To rant . To get angry. To blame. To see obvious loopholes. But at the field there is a different story to tell.

I'm proud of Mumbai..its resilience..its spirit. Time and again Mumbai has been targetted. And each time Mumbai has bounced back brilliantly with each new day being the first day of eternity.
I know this time round too it will be no different.

I needed an outlet and had to vent. More on Ross and my Cornell Interview debrief coming up later.

2 comments:

Dino said...

The events are tragic. Your post gives a glimpse of the emotional terror beyond the headlines reported by the newspapers. I wish Mumbai well.

Anonymous said...

Sad thing is that its not resilience by choice, but due to lack of it.